In Six Days
Press play to listen online:
Two lines run through the history of mankind: the line of Christ and the line of Antichrist, the line of the Woman's seed and that of the serpent.
- The Christ line begins with Adam, passes via Golgotha, and leads to the heavenly Jerusalem.
- The Antichrist line begins with Cain, passes via Babel, and leads to the lake of fire.
There are only 2 families (God's and Satan"s). There are only 2 destinies (Heaven and Hell). And There are only 2 choices (repent or reject). Each of us today belongs to one family or the other. You are choosing your own future.
Evolution Removes the Creator
As taught in our public schools today, the Organic Theory of Evolution accounts for the origin of mankind as follows:
"Life on this planet originated several billion years ago, when electrical disturbances caused reactions to occur in the chemicals of the primeval ocean, and these reactions produced amino acids, and these amino acids organized themselves into living cells. As time went on, more chemical reactions caused the descendants of these one-celled organisms to mutate and develop into a variety of types of multi-celled plants and animals.
“The process continued, and as each new variety of organism appeared, natural selection would result in its being either better or less suited to the environment, and therefore it would either flourish or disappear. In the long run, then, species of plants and animals better and better suited to their respective environments appeared and developed.
“Man is the highest product of this development. He is immediately descended from the same ancestors as the apes; more remotely, from the same ancestors as all mammals. He is himself still developing; that process is stalled by our present lifestyle, but biologically it is inevitable.”
Evolution is Satan's Lie
There are two programs at work in the world today: God’s program of salvation, and Satan’s program of evolution. Evolutionists say we are just a blob of protoplasm waiting to become manure. Or as steven Jay Gould once remarked on the purpose of evolutionary life "We Are Here Because One Odd Group Of Fishes…". Remember design shows a designer and complexity shows a Creator! Yet Science Magazine says it outright in 1980, “there is no evidence of macro evolution.” The key is in the statement of Rich Bozarth published in the American Atheist, “If we can remove Adam and Eve we wipe out Christianity!”
So there is all there is to life apart from Christ the Creator!
Evolutionists like the wording in 2 Peter 3:4 "all things continue as they were." This argument against the second coming of Christ is based on the theory of uniformitarianism, which says that all natural phenomena have operated uniformly since the beginning of the earth. The false teachers were also implying that God is absent from earth affairs. In effect, they were teaching that, “There will not be a great cataclysmic judgmental event at the end of history, because that is not how the universe works. There never has been such a judgment, so why should we expect one in the future. Instead, everything in the universe is stable, closed, fixed, and governed by never varying patterns and principles of evolution. Nothing catastrophic has ever happened in the past, so nothing catastrophic ever will happen in the future. There will be no divine invasion, no supernatural judgment on mankind.”
Evolution is Missing
In 1833 Charles Darwin went to the South Sea Islands looking for the so-called “missing link.” As he studied the cannibals who lived there, he concluded that no creatures anywhere were more primitive, and he was convinced that nothing on earth could possibly lift them to a higher level. He thought he had indeed found a lower stratum of humanity that would fit his theory of evolution.
Thirty-four years later he returned to the same islands. To his amazement he discovered churches, schools, and homes occupied by some of those former cannibals. In fact, many of them wore clothes and frequently gathered to sing hymns. The reason was soon learned: Missionary John G. Paton had been there proclaiming the truths of salvation! Darwin was so moved by their transformation that he made a generous contribution to the London Missionary Society. Darwin’s “missing link” thus remained missing.
God Only Wrote One Record of Creation
I have several dozen biblical creationism books on my shelf in my study. All were written by godly men. But only one book on biblical creationism was written by the very finger of God. Did you know that?
What part of the Bible did God actually write with His finger? He wrote it on stone. Does that help? Yes, let's turn there
Exodus 20 was actually inscribed by the very finger of God into stone. What does the only words God actually wrote on an object say? Let's stand and hear God's Word :
Exodus 20:9-11 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD your God. [In it] you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who [is] within your gates. 11 For [in] six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (NKJV)
This is the Creator's record. This is His explanation of the timing and it is six solar days!
There is only one perfect science book in the world, you hold it in your hands (or at least I hope you do, always bring your copy of God's Word!) All other science books are flawed in that they have not been able to personally record a first hand observation of say the birth of a star, or the origin of a volcano in the earth's center.
There is only one perfect history book in the world, and you are holding it in your hands. All others are gathered and collected and have the marks of frail, fallen, and fallible humanity all over them. But God has heard every word, seen every event, and flawlessly captured what He wants us to know. So why don't we just look at the record of God's Word which detail the Creation.
The initial setting for Genesis is eternity past. God then, by willful act and divine Word, spoke all creation into existence, furnished it, and finally breathed life into a lump of dirt which He fashioned in His image to become Adam. God made mankind the crowning point of His creation, i.e., His companions who would enjoy fellowship with Him and bring glory to His name.
First, we looked at - "In the Beginning God "
God the Eternal, the Infinite and Sufficient One steps into the Universe that began at His command to exist. He states the origin, purpose, and destiny of all the Cosmos and we humans who ever lived in 7 Hebrew words that translate into 10 English words.
Second, we looked at "God Created the Heavens"
The spaces out there seem limitless; The sheer number of stars, galaxies, and swirling energy seems beyond our comprehension. Yet He has named each star and they are obediently following their Creator.
And the One who made the Heavens awaits meeting with you!
Third, we looked at "God Created the Earth"
Have you looked around to see God's signature all over this planet. From the depths of the oceans to the heights of our atmosphere, this planet teems with life. In the deepest seas there are volcanic vents spewing superheated water heavy with poisonous metals and acids; incredibly there is an amazing flourishing of countless exotic and unique creatures. In every biome and ecosystem life overflows this planet.
- Trees in the rainforests overflow with endless varieties of plants, insects, and animals.
- Artic waters and south sea reefs have a complete cycle of life where one species lives in dependence upon another up and down the food chains.
- Sands and soils around the earth are literally crawling with countless life forms all showing design exactly for the environment in which they live.
Fourth, we are looking this morning at "six days"
- Watery, formless planet earth suspended in the darkness and void of space (no stars, no sun, no moon, no planets - except for earth).
- Separation of light from the darkness - and the first indication that the planet is rotating (day and night cycle produced).
- Formation of earth's atmosphere, separating the water into two parts:
(a) oceanic and subterranean water
(b) atmospheric water.
- Dry land and oceans.
- System to water the entire land surface using subterranean waters (involving springs or mist, or both).
- Vegetation, seed-bearing plants, trees that bear fruit.
- Garden of Eden (probably).
- Moon - complete with established orbit so as to mark passage of time (months, seasons, and years).
- Stars and other planets.
- Water creatures of all kinds. (All that had "the breath of life" were vegetarian.)
- Birds (all vegetarian).
- Land animals (all vegetarian): (a) creatures that move close to the ground (small animals), (b) large animals, and (c) animals of use to man as livestock.
- Woman (saving the best for last).
Now listen to what the culture around us is trying to conform us to:
There is a path which starts just outside of Eden. It is a path down which Cain began to walk just before he killed his brother. It is the path of human achievement. It the pathway of looking to myself, the pathway of religion and of self-help. It is the path that leads to the Tower of Babel, the path that runs through all the world's religions, the pathway is named atheistic evolution and that pathway heads straight to hell.
Another path leads from Eden. Abel walked it first followed by a countless multitude who looked to the Lamb not themselves. This path leads away from the world and toward God, it passes by a hill called Calvary and leads to Heaven where the Maker of Heaven and Earth calls all His creatures to worship and obey Him.
|Narrow Way||Broad Way|
|True Church||False Church|
|True Bride||False Bride|
|One Way||Many Ways|
|Heavenly Destination||Earthly Destination|
Contradictions in Order Between the Biblical View and the Secular View
Biblical Order of Appearance Evolutionary Order of Appearance
|1. Matter created by God in the beginning||1. Matter existed in the beginning|
|2. Earth before the sun and stars||2. Sun and stars before the earth|
|3. Oceans before the land||3. Land before the oceans|
|4. Light before the sun||4. Sun, earth's first light|
|5. Atmosphere between two water layers||5. Atmosphere above a water layer|
|6. Land plants, first life forms created||6. Marine organisms, first forms of life|
|7. Fruit trees before fish||7. Fish before fruit trees|
|8. Fish before insects||8. Insects before fish|
|9. Land vegetation before sun||9. Sun before land plants|
|10. Marine mammals before land mammals||10. Land mammals before marine mammals|
|11. Birds before land reptiles||11. Reptiles before birds|
|12. Man, the cause of death||12. Death, necessary antecedent of man|
What is Satan's story about origins?
Theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God's Word to man's ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God's method of creation was evolution, that He didn't create the world in six literal days but took millions, perhaps billions, of years to accomplish the feat. To suggest that God relied on chance and time to create the universe is not only insulting to God's power, it makes Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of creation. To satisfy the theistic evolutionist, the first few chapters of Genesis would have to be rewritten. Ruth Beechick suggests the ridiculous results below.
1. In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust, and after billions of years there were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet, Earth.
2. Now this planet was without form and covered with waters.
3. And God said, Let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. After a sufficient time had elapsed the waters were gathered together and dry land appeared: and it was so.
4. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.
5. And God said, Let elements in the waters come together in chance formations. And a chain of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. God called the protoplasm Life.
6. And God said to the living protoplasm, Keep making more protoplasm and form into cells of different kinds, and ever better and more complex groupings so you can evolve into many kinds of water creatures. And let some of the fish bring forth wings. And after millions of years God saw that it was good.
7. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
8. And God had also said, Let some of the fish begin to crawl on the earth, and let every creature bring forth some other kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth, each after some other kind: and it was so.
9. And when the living creatures could not evolve into all the kinds God wanted, then God made some more creatures from time to time. These creatures also made new kinds upon the earth: and God saw that it was good.'
10. And God said to the Primate kind, Stand upright and begin to use tools. This will develop your brain and you can have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
11. And after many generations the upright Primate could do all the things God told him to do. God called him Man, and Man was the image of Him.
12. And God blessed Man and said, Be fruitful, and subdue the earth. I have given you everything in it.
13. And God saw every thing that He had made, and behold it was very good. And millions and billions of years had passed.
14. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
15. And after God ended His work which He had made, God rested on one day from all His work which He had made.
16. And God blessed that one day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
17. Therefore, remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
18. Many years shalt thou labor and do all thy work:
19. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work.
20. For in millions and billions of years the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested one day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.
Some of the ancient manuscripts omit this verse.
Can we really take the liberty to alter the very Word of God like that? If we do so in Genesis 1-2 where else can we make it suit the current scientific, moral, cultural drift away from God ?
All attempts to compromise the Scriptures should be resisted. There are some popular views some Christians hold that are very dangerous:
Evolution is the Satanic religion of the Fall, Cain, Babel, idolatry, paganism, humanism and all other evils.
Even the Darwinism of Evolution has been proven in a legal setting t be devoid of scientific support. As Dr. Phillip Johnson says in his book Darwinism on Trial, “at every step I, what I found was a failure of the evidence to be in accord with the theory. . . the fossil record is something the Darwinists must explain away because it records sudden appearance of organisms that exhibit no trace of step-by-step development from earlier forms. And once these organisms exist, they remain fundamentally unchanged . . . “
Gap Theory destroys Adam’s original sin.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned -- (NKJV) It puts him at the head of a creation that sits atop a multi-billion year old graveyard of fossils. This monument to sin, death and destruction before Adam is incongruous to the Word of God .
Age Day Theory destroys the reliability of the text.
It is repeatedly stated and believed by the Scripture writers that the account of Gen 1 is true. The age Day Theory states the sun had to come before the fourth epoch. So the scriptures can’t be trusted.
So what should we trust about the CREATOR we meet in the book of Genesis?
LISTEN TO YOUR CREATOR
Gen 1 is His account and He says He did it in six literal, solar, calendar days! “evening and morning” is a designation for a rotation of the Earth, a solar, 24 hour day. In fact the word used in Genesis 1-2 for day is always used for a literal day!
1. The word "day" (Hebrew yom) can have a variety of meanings. A solar day, Daylight, Indefinite period of time
2. Occurring 2291 times in the Old Testament, it almost always means a literal day.
3. When used in the plural form yamim (845 times), it always refers to a literal day.
4. When modified by numeral or ordinal in historical narrative (359 times in the Old Testament outside of Genesis 1), it always means a literal day.
5. When modified by "evening and/or morning" (38 times outside of Genesis 1) it always means a literal day.
6. Context of Genesis I is a tight chronology.
7. Forms basis for our work week of 6 literal days (Exodus 20:11).
8. Proper interpretation is a solar day, not an indefinite time period.
Gen 2 is His origin of man and woman is the account of Adam and Eve, and it was instantaneous creation!
Exodus 20 was actually inscribed by the very finger of God into stone. What does the only words God actually wrote on an object say? Exodus 20:9-11 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD your God. [In it] you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who [is] within your gates. 11 For [in] six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (NKJV) is His explanation of the timing and it is six solar days!
Mark 10 is His placement of mankind in relation to the Universe! Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' (NKJV)
Within those words we find all that there is. God, the Universe, the end and now. Everything is encompassed in those words. And from them flow all of guidelines God has given for us
- To meet Him
- Know Him
- And please Him.
In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIS ONE!
If the God of Genesis 1 is unreliable so is the One in every other part of the Scriptures. Either you utterly trust the God you meet in Genesis One or you have nothing else. He is the same, He does not change.
So which six days will you believe?
 Tan, Paul Lee, Encyclopedia of 7,700 Illustrations, (Garland, Texas: Bible Communications, Inc.) 1996.
 John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.
 Tan, Paul Lee, Encyclopedia of 7,700 Illustrations, (Garland, Texas: Bible Communications, Inc.) 1996.
 John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.